Israeli Chief of Staff Halevi to Resign

Israeli Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi announced that he wants to leave his post as of March 6. Helevi conveyed his resignation to Defense Minister Katz.

A statement from the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported that Israeli Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi conveyed his wish to resign as of March 6 to Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz. It was reported that Halevi accepted responsibility for the IDF’s “failure” on October 7 and wanted to resign from his post.

Israeli Chief of Staff Halevi emphasized that the IDF had already achieved significant successes and was in the process of implementing the agreement reached to release the hostages. Halevi said that the investigations regarding October 7 would be concluded by March 6 and that he would prepare the IDF for “future challenges,” and said, “I will hand over the IDF command to my successor in a high-quality and comprehensive manner.”

WHAT HAPPENED?

On October 7, Hamas launched Operation Al-Aqsa Deluge with rockets fired from Gaza. Israel was attacked from three fronts. Strategic points, airports and military zones were hit. The Iron Dome was inadequate. The rockets hit many cities, including Tel Aviv.

Hamas members attacked Israel by land on motorcycles and pickup trucks; some infiltrated by air with motorized parachutes. Control towers were neutralized.

Hamas members parachuted into the festival area. The largest loss of life in the Hamas attacks in the city of Re’im was recorded.

On the second day of the raid, the Israeli cabinet officially declared war and unprecedented slaughter began in Gaza.

Add a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Keep Up to Date with the Most Important News

By pressing the Subscribe button, you confirm that you have read and are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use